In 1956 John and Josephine Kelleher took over the running of Salthill Service Station from Esso Ireland with two pumps and a hut. Over the coming years, they extended it to a workshop and a car accessory shop until it grew to a three bay garage.
In 1974 they were appointed the second Volvo dealer in Ireland and in 1985 were appointed Suzuki dealer for Galway City and County, afterwards the premises was extended to a new workshop facility and showrooms. In 1993 the existing site was extensively developed into a modern pump layout with the addition of a 24-hour shop, new supermarket and carwash.
In 2005 we made a bold decision to move from Esso to Texaco and in 2009 we re-developed the shop to a modern XL Stop & Shop.
After three and a half years waiting for planning permission it finally came through in 2009 and hopefully sometime in the future when the economy improves the re-development to a very modern forecourt and large supermarket, new offices, workshops and extensive showroom will take place. Model of the new bulding can be seen here
We start 2012 with great optimism and are glad to say we employ 25 staff.